The cheat isn’t about the calories. Calories don’t count when eating chocolate cake or during a pandemic. The cheat is about using cake mix and not making it from a scratch. Scratch cakes have their place but during the nationwide lockdown, I didn’t feel like doing scratch cake. I felt like eating a daleesh (delicious) cake and getting fat. And hence, the cheat cake was born. Don’t stress though – there is some Sparkle Ellie in the mix – so clicking through is not a waste at all.
PS. I have included the brands in some instances below that I used (nobody paid me); they are just my preference. Go with your gut or my suggestion – just enjoy it.
- Chocolate Cake Mix (Pillsbury Moist Supreme Chocolate Cake Mix 510g)
- 1/2 Cup and 1/3 Cup (205 ml) of Chilled Coffee (Wild Cactus Café Filter Coffee)
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1/2 Cup (125 ml) of Canola Oil
- 1-2 Chocolate Slab (Dark or Milk), Melted
- Selection of Chocolate Bars, Nuts, Popcorn, Pretzels (whatever is in the pantry and house eg. Crunchies, Brittle, Lindt Balls, Lindt Dark Chocolate, Walnut Chocolate)
- Sprinkles, Edible Glitter (Not just Non-toxic – Edible)